Thursday, June 30, 2011

Reflection for Term 1 LSS

In term 1, we started on the topics of periodic table, atomic structure, chemical bonding. This term revolved around chemistry and this is my favorite aspect among the three different sciences, thus I paid close attention in class, so that I could learn as much as I could out of these chemistry subjects. And I indeed learnt many interesting things that I did not understand before, such as the properties of the first twenty elements of the periodic table, and the structures of each element in terms of the number of protons, neutrons and electrons, the way the elements bond chemically, through ionic bonding or covalent bonding. Through these topics of elements, I've understood that science is really everywhere around us and it is just so amazing to discover the mysteries behind many things that we cannot see with our naked eyes, such as atoms. When we just do an experiment by chemically bonding two elements together, we see a interesting reaction, but it is, to me, more interesting to find out the science behind how these elements combine to form this reaction. I enjoyed my term 1 lower secondary science, look forward to a new term of science, where I discover more things that hopefully interests me.

No comments:

Post a Comment